Being a Freelance Writer and Photographer, Heritage Activist, Conservationist and Marketing Specialist provides Laura with a wide array of experience to tackle research, exhibit design, special event coordination, media releases, articles, or graphic design. Whether it’s your backyard pet, or a piece of valued heritage architecture, Laura can record the moment in stunning vibrancy. Feel free to browse and familiarize yourself with her background and portfolio.
Horses, Pets, Nature…Friends. . . Photography and Stories capturing the beauty that surrounds us.
Laura Ford lived in the beautiful wetland area of Rondeau Bay, Ontario and has spent years capturing the significant flora and fauna species that inhabit this threatened marshland. Previously Laura was well known as a photographer of Horses and has had her work published in numerous North American and international equine magazines including Paint Horse, Reiner, Northern Horse Review, Canadian Sportsman, TROT, The Rider, Slidin’, as well as in countries around the world including Austria, the former Czech Republic, and Italy.
As well as photography, Laura is also an accomplished Freelance writer, having both feature and column articles appearing in numerous magazines, newspapers and newsletters. Most recently Laura was a contributor for the Lake Erie Beacon www.lebeacon.ca where she described in detail wildlife to be encountered on the North Shore of Lake Erie and Rondeau Bay.
Life changes brought Laura home as a newly married bookseller to the city of her upbringing, Windsor, Ontario.
She again found her way to water, living on the shores of the world’s busiest international waterway, the Detroit River. It took her away from the peace and serenity of her beloved Rondeau oasis, but opened her eyes to the beauty of the grander watershed region, and even the majesty and history of the mighty ships which plied these waters.
See the world through her observations, here on this site, and explore her blogs for an overview of fascinating information, and surprising lore, of both our natural and built heritage.
Explore too, the fun side of life which our beloved Pets provide through stories, and cameo portraits of our relationships with these creatures we so love. Horses, dogs, cats, birds and even skunks can provide a myriad of heart-warming, funny, and amazing “tales”!
Laura Ford covers numerous subjects both written and photographically…Animals of all sorts are one of her favourite topics, having written numerous articles, covered many events, or simply capturing the heart and spirit of our beloved furred friends in portraiture.
An image to last a lifetime!
- Owner, creator of Friggin’s Garage Antique and Artisan Emporium in Morpeth, Ontario
- Editor, publisher, creator of Haflinger North America Magazine and Stallion catalogue
- Owner of private studio, photography business Equine Image, specializing in horse and pet photography.
- Former Marketing Co-ordinator for Horses Etc. Inc.
- Nature Columnist for Lake Erie Beacon
- Contributing guest photographer for the Chatham Daily News
- Featured Photographer on OASIS HD TV, “MY OASIS”
- Former Curator/Manager Wallaceburg and District Museum.
- Former Manager Von Ayres Cultural Centre.
- Featured Article in TROT, August 2009, “HOOF DOCTOR”
- Cover Photographer for Czechoslovakian Reiner Magazine
- Co-Desiger of Heritage Architectural addition to former Howard Twp. Town Hall Building in Ridgetown, Ontario
- Active member of Rondeau Bay Watershed Redevelopment Committee
- Author of Botsford Memorial Award winning book, “The History of Sandwich South”, now in multiple printings
- Successful petitioner to save Uncle Tom’s Cabin, Historical Site from private ownership and possible sale and move to the U.S.A.
- Former owner/co-restorationist of 1855 designated Greek Revival home, “McCollum House”, in Morpeth, Ontario
- Creator of first archaeological exhibit “Unearthed Answers”, done in partnership with the Heritage Centre of the Walpole Island First Nations